The Calvary Conservatory of Performing Arts was founded as an outreach of Calvary Baptist Church in Tuscaloosa to provide the highest quality of the music instruction to the children, teenagers, and adults of the west and central Alabama areas.
Calvary Music Conservatory
The Importance of Early Education
According to the experts, the younger children begin learning the piano and other instruments, the more benefits they will get.
For more insight, click here to read “The Importance of Piano Lessons for Brain Enhancement” by Michael Davbid Riggs.
Program of Instruction
The program of instruction covers 12 months, September through August and is divided into three terms.
A recital will be held at the end of each semester.
A Master Class will be offered once per semester for students who wish to further improve their performance skills (Date to be determined).
- Fall semester (September, October, November, December )
- Winter semester (January, February, March, April)
- Summer semester (May, June, July, August)
- Tuition is due monthly at the first class of each month.
- If the student enrolls in the middle of the month, the tuition will be prorated.
- $10 late fee if tuition is paid more than 6 days late.
- 30 minute lessons – $25/lesson ($100/month for 4 classes)
- 45 minute lessons – $37.50/lesson ($150/month for 4 classes)
- 1 hour lessons – $50/lesson ($200/month for 4 classes)
Group lessons may contain 3 students maximum per class.
- 30 minute lessons – $10/student
- 45 minute lessons – $15/student
- 1 hour lessons – $20/student
There are no make-up lessons for Group Lessons.
Partial scholarships are available. For details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Missed Lessons/Make-up Lessons
It is the student’s (parent’s) responsibility to notify the conservatory director in advance if a lesson is to be missed for any reason. The church office cannot be responsible for relaying messages regarding lesson cancellations to instructors. If you need to miss a lesson, please give Dr. Lee as much notice as possible. Dr. Lee will work with you to schedule a make-up lesson.
Make up lessons will only be given under the following conditions:
- If the teacher is absent or late, the teacher will try to notify the parent/student as soon as possible.
- If there is a family emergency you must text or call teacher at least 3 hour before the start time of lesson.
Make up lessons will not be allowed under the following circumstance:
- If the student arrives late, instructors are not required to extend the lesson. The lesson time is shortened to the remaining time that is left.
- Ball game, Birthday party, Doctor/Dentist appointments, Vacation, and Traffic.
If schools in Tuscaloosa area are closed for inclement weather, our conservatory will be closed.
Students may choose to participate in WAMTA audition (competitions).
Click the button below to fill out a registration form. There is no registration fee for students who enroll in 2017 and 2018. After filling out the form, click “Submit” at the bottom of the form.
You can also register in-person by visiting Dr. Lee’s office (Room 239 at Calvary Tuscaloosa).