WHAT IS A FOUNDATION FUND?
Throughout the years funds have been established through generous donors in a variety of amounts. You can continue to support the specific purposes these funds were designed to support by giving to the fund of your choice.
HOW ARE FOUNDATION FUNDS FORMED?
- Gifts are given to Calvary directly or through estate planning.
- Funds are then established and maintained through the Baptist Foundation.
- Calvary has a spending policy to protect the corpus of these funds while using the earnings for our needs.
WHAT FOUNDATIONS FUNDS CAN I GIVE TO?
- Capital Improvement Fund
- College Scholarships Fund
- New Missions Fund
- International Missions Scholarship Fund
WHAT IS A CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT FUND?
The Capital Improvement Fund is a means to provide funding for large capital improvements to Calvary’s buildings.
WHAT IS A COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP FUND?
The College Scholarship Fund provides tuition assistant to the University and other institutions of higher learning.
WHAT IS A NEW MISSIONS FUND?
The S.D. Allen New Missions Fund was established to begin new ministries and mission work throughout the Tuscaloosa community. (Please be sure when giving to select “S.D. Allen New Missions Fund.”)
WHAT IS AN INTERNATIONAL MISSIONS SCHOLARSHIP FUND?
The Rita S. Smith Memorial Mission Scholarship Fund was established to provide financial assistance to those going on short-term international mission trips. The distribution of earnings is overseen by Calvary’s Missions Council.