Upward Basketball Camp | July 22-25, 2019
Upward Basketball & Cheerleading
Upward is a GREAT way for your kids to learn a sport that many love with the mindset of affirming each other in the process. We encourage families, kids, coaches, referees, directors, and all who come into the gym to affirm one another so that basketball and cheerleading becomes a sport kids enjoy while in our facility each week. Depending on the age group, there is a one hour commitment to practice and a one hour commitment to game every week for 8 weeks. The ages involved in this year’s Upward are based on the kid’s school year. We will have a 5K league, first and second grade league, third and fourth grade league, and a fifth grade and sixth grade tournament league.
Check back soon for dates for the upcoming season!
When registration begins, brochures and registration forms can be picked up in the Main Office or in the Children’s Area (3rd Floor).
EVALUATIONS AND ORIENTATIONS
Check back soon for information on the upcoming season.
Upward promotes character and self-esteem in every child by providing:
- Equal playing time for every player
- A one-hour practice and game each week of the season
- An evaluation process to provide the most equal team rosters
- And much more!
Upward Basketball and Cheerleading offer a break from the norm. The primary focus of Upward is to develop the winner in every child, not just the competitive ones. By keeping this goal in mind, we are able to build a league that promotes salvation, character, and self-esteem in all who participate through:
- Sportsmanship and competitiveness in proper perspective by not maintaining league standings in any division.
- Maximizing the family schedule by having only one hour of practice and one game each week.
- Equipping coaches and referees by providing extensive teaching tools and resources.
- Providing opportunities to promote other church ministries to all participants and their families.
- Allowing the coach to focus on ministering to children and their families, by having a set substitution system where all players are allowed equal playing time and equal opportunity for improvement.
- Encouraging each player with a game day award following every game.
- Maximizing ministry opportunities by exposing players to Scripture-based devotions during each practice and spectators to halftime testimonies each game day.
- Providing opportunities to see changed hearts and lives among children, family members, and volunteers who experience an Upward sport ministry.
- Building toward a harvest time at Awards Night where participants and parents are given an opportunity to respond to the Gospel.